Monday, January 18, 2010

memories in the cookie tin

Yesterday, I decided to bake cookies about 30 minutes before T's friend arrived for a playdate. With my stockpile of frozen bananas still in the freezer I pulled a childhood favorite cookie recipe out of my mum's box.

Oatmeal Macaroons

1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
1 banana, mashed
1/2 tsp. soda
1 c. flour
2 c. oats

Combine the ingredients in the order listed. Two sugars, melted butter, egg,


salt, coconut, vanilla, banana



soda, flour and oats.


Drop from a teaspoon on to a greased baking sheet.

Bake at 325 deg F for 10-12 minutes.


When I was a kid and made these, I usually only ended up with about 1/2 the cookies the recipe makes (~ 36) mainly because the batter is so yummy I would eat half of it before it even baked. I managed not to eat the batter before baking this time, so the cookie tin is full of cookies (well, half full of cookies - I've been snacking since I got home....).

The boys enjoyed the cookies, although they ate all the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I'd made the day before.

No comments: