Saturday, September 11, 2010

another lunch

So I wrote about the lunch I made last Saturday which we had in the garden but two days later we had another lunch - albeit smaller - but the tone was decidedly more autumnal. Early morning rain and a chill in the air meant we ate inside and I made soup, salad and this bread.

My version didn't look quite as pretty as Dana's but it was delicious and it was easy to make, despite my panic about the directions - " Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface and knead 2 or 3 times. Pat or roll the dough into a 2-by-24-inch rectangle. Spread the onion mixture on top. Cut the dough crosswise into 10 pieces. Stack 9 pieces onion side up, then top with the final piece, onion-side down. Carefully lay the stack in the prepared loaf pan ".


I was so distracted by the time I got the dough into the bread pan that I forgot the next bit - about brushing the top with butter. Nevermind - the bread baked up into cheesy deliciousness which is all that matters. And I think I might forgo the butter brushing step next time as the bread was decadently rich as it was.

No comments: