Sunday, February 17, 2013

heart cookies

I bought the last issue of Martha Stewart Living because of the cookies on the cover.


They were so cute and I was inspired to create them for our boy's friends as valentines. So I did. I made the cookie dough one day, divided the dough into 3 and coloured the dough into a soft pink, a darker pink and what I tried to make red. A couple of days later (ok, Wednesday night) I rolled the dough out, cut out the hearts, baked the cookies,


made the frosting and made up the cookies


and then the valentine treat bags (one heart cookie and 2 chocolate kisses). The boy loved the cookies and reports his friends did too. I gave extras to his teacher (school and before/after school care) and still had a tin left to take to work. A small, sweet treat that was a bit different for Valentine's day. I made a couple of bigger cookies as presents for my boys.


And now I'm thinking I could do the same idea - coloured dough, shaped cookies and filling for other occasions.

No comments: